- Feb 28, 2019
Will there be some kind of a trading house on the clan territory?
- There will be an auction module — not quite a house but an object to interact with. Though you can build a special structure with an auction inside and call it a trading post!
- It’s not in our plans to add a special translator.
- We are still working on the behavior of Kepler’s fauna. As we base our decisions on both our plans and our players’ feedback, we’re in the middle of changing the animals’ movement now.
- By the time of the release, we plan to have three huge biomes. Each of them will be divided into smaller areas with different features, monsters, settings, etc.
- With a non-target fighting model, we also plan a new system instead of a standard health bar. According to our ideas, the fighter will monitor the state of an opponent with visual effects (like wounds) rather than see bars hanging above their heads (or whatever some of the creatures will have). We are working on a system which will help recognize the state of an opponent with visual effects, like wounds which you will be able to notice on a character’s model.
- You won’t be able to fly around Kepler’s orbit (for now), if that’s what you’re asking. Every other transport will be designed in a sci-fi genre since we are the colonists who arrived on Kepler from space.
- Open world survival genre means that the player creates the story himself. You can hunt, participate in raids, confront other players, explore the world around, get social etc.
There will be quests though, both initial ones that guide new players through the basic game mechanic, and those revealing the plot. The stories will introduce the in-game world and events of Kepler’s past and present. There will be a lot of interesting stuff regarding the plot in the future!
- Yes, we do have all these features planned! Moreover, in one of our biomes includes some underwater gameplay available at certain times of a day.
- If you attack others, you’ll need a good weapon and armor — so you need a place to craft. And if you steal much, you need a place to keep the loot secured. The base with all that seems like a logical answer to that.
On the other hand, we are not forcing you to build a base — but be aware that others would be able to steal your unprotected things.
- We surely will add the caves, though only the big ones will allow building — this way you won’t block off the way inside for other players.
- Yes, we will add underground locations of all sizes.
- The underground locations will be full of unique resources you won’t find anywhere else. And of course, you’ll need these resources for crafting.
- Every structure you build will have a special claim zone with its borders marked with flags. It’s most likely you won’t have a chance to build a completely unnoticeable house.