LordSash

Tester
Mar 6, 2019
Hi all ! LordSash here .
Last Monday , in discord server , us (members of Group) we talked about the Server Wipes / Seasons... But unfourtunatly have 2 sides: The Guys which don't want server Wipe/ Season and The Guys which want that.
In order to solve this problem i thinked in huge World event to fight one Super OP raid boss. My idia is simple : if The Guys which want The Server Wipe/ Season have to kill the The Guys wich want "save the world". Because if they didn´t kill that Boss , he will vanish the intire world and players will have to start from Zero.
In my opinion it wiil be realy fun , give to us (players ) the destiny of the Season ... In One side , the player Killers who want the new Season. In other the Players who want the peace in the planet. But both have to fight for their idials.
What do you think?

Best regards.
-LordSash is now Offline

Last edited:

Jakraes

Mar 6, 2019
I also think that the idea of having two factions with different ideals is actually pretty good, although I am sure it'll be hard to implement such an idea, it is still viable and adds much more depth to the game itself. In regards of the PVP that would happen in the game, perhaps a boss (Which is PVE) is not the best but it is a good idea nonetheless! Maybe capture points? Or Artifact collecting? There are so many options... The idea of having those that want to keep the world as it is and those who want a fresh start is very appealing. Nice idea, good job.

JadedMagic

Tester
Commander
Mar 5, 2019
Colchester, CT USA
Aliens (server wipe/ season) VS. the Humans (keep the server)
Im down for this all the way. Definitely an Alien in this war.
new trend #Aliens

TheHelleri

Tester
May 11, 2019
In my experience the people who are against wipes in survival games are typically more on the PvE side of things and want to preserve their hard work manifested in the form of what they've built. Whereas those who typically want a wipe are PvP'ers that are tired of fighting with the same group or attacking the same bases. That's not to say there are not more diverse types of players than this. Sometime ago I attempted to actually map out the PvE/PvP divide in a nuanced manner. Best I can figure it maps out something like this.

A world boss raid might not go the way we would want it to by design. Each set of players may end up in part working against their own interest. The PvP'ers and more Boss oriented PvE'rs may want to kill it just for the loot and experience. Those that are good at crafting but don't have the machine, connection, interest, or practice to be all that good at fighting and are most likely to want to preserve things may find themselves impotent in the face of such a threat.

There is also a meta issue here. That being that if the event is necessary. Than the world is already at a point that it needs to be wiped. That's not to say that I think this idea is entirely without merit. Just that it should be more frequent and on a smaller scale. Why? Because that model has been proven to work (e.g. Conan: Exiles raid system). There should be a mechanism in world that requires players to actually be still playing in order to keep their stuff. If there is one person remaining active in a massive guild, the cost of maintaining that guild should be so high that they are forced to downscale. If someone leaves a build unattended for too long it should auto-decay or be attacked by field bosses.

The whole point of wiping is an easy way to manage degradation of a server. Which largely comes from a lot of abandoned builds and poor server health management (largely on the part of the player base). But if you have good systems in place to manage these things as you go along, wipes should not even be necessary past a certain point in development.

I think a big part of whether or not wipes are more or less acceptable will be if characters, with their inventories or at least their names and acquired skills carry over or not.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu